You may be able to claim Carer’s Allowance if you spend at least 35 hours a week caring.
- You could get Carer’s Allowance if you care for someone at least 35 hours a week and they get certain benefits.
- You don’t have to be related to, or live with, the person you care for.
- You won’t be paid extra if you care for more than one person.
- Carer’s Allowance can affect the other benefits that you and the person you care for get.
- You can claim Carer’s Allowance anywhere in the UK, but some of the rules are different if you claim Carer’s Allowance in Northern Ireland.\
For more information go to: https://carers.org/money-and-benefits/carers-allowance